I have asked for help in how to write this damned thing once again. So if you don't like it then blame it on yourselves er I mean your own mother or Diana.
Well here we go to the Stake House 150 miles away from Laredo in Corpus Christi at a stake conference this was a long way to drive and we cold only afford to drive there about once a year. So we would only go on stake conference Sunday only once during the year unless we were fortunate enough to have someone richer invite us to go with them and we couldn’t seem to let them pay the whole way both ways. But anyway we would always save enough money so we could go by this one restaurant I had learned of while at a zone conference in the mission field. Laredo was about equi-distance from San Antonio, Corpus Christi and McAllen. San Antonio already had demaseado wards or too many wards and McAllen was only a branch so not large enough to handle a stake yet so we were in the Corpus Christi stake. Before we moved to El Paso though McAllen had been made into a stake in the same building.
One day, we decided I was not making enough money in purchasing curios for a small company whose owner was an uncle to the same foreman who fainted when I cut the end of my finger off a few years earlier. While working here I was given an old mail van to go into Mexico to buy the curios, this was probably the hardest I have ever had as the Spanish I knew was gospel Spanish and not daily Spanish used in speaking to sellers of curios. Back to the story, so I took a job as a cutter for a sandal making company but was still using the old mail truck to get back and fort to the plant. One day I was driving home for lunch when I had an insulin reaction and drove this van into the back of a parked dump truck. I must have been going pretty fast as it hit the rear wheels of the dump truck and knocked them loose. So I totaled two trucks or cars at once in this situation.
The funny part of this story is that Diana was going to meet me at home for lunch and saw the lights of the ambulance flashing and I wasn’t there at home yet so she went to see what was going on. Well she found me with a broken leg/knee, a broken arm, a seriously contused arm, a bleeding head and the ambulance attendants were trying to find a way to get me out or had just gotten me out ask Diana and she explained for the first of dozens of times tnhat I was diabetic. The first I remembered was when Diana told me that I looked like a cartoon character with one leg in a cast and hoisted up in the hospital bed, one in a cast and held up by a sling and the other arm totally wrapped in white and a bandage around my head. (I still say “that is why I am bald today”)
I am falling asleep so these stories will have to continue tomorrow.
Tuesday, February 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
what are curios? i'm glad i never got into a wreck
ReplyDeleteEvery time I see lights & sirens near your house, I usually think it had something to do with you. I think mom still does also...Some things never change.
ReplyDelete