Saturday, February 25, 2006

Now we start married life

Diana and I talked about my confusion I was having writing the rest of my life story and I told her that all of this confusion was because I didn’t want to hurt anyone with what I had to say. She told me not to worry about it as I have hurt people before and it didn’t kill them plus it is my story so tell it the way I see it. Oh by the way I want you to know that I am more available than Diana to talk over the telephone as long as it isn't a long conversation! Now I feel that I can continue.

Once upon a time there was a couple who was married in May of 1973 just two months after my mission. His parents could not come because of the distance and her father would not come as he had been to one wedding of hers and that was enough. There were many people from the ward there such as Bishop Kearns and family, Colonel Baldwin and family, the Reynosa family who became the next bishop and who told Diana if I ever did anything wrong to come back and he would take care of her, the Duartes, the Ballards, a couple air force pilots and their wife’s (neither Diana nor I remember their names even though one couple left their Persian cats with us and never did tell us where to send them), the Castros whom Elder Larsgard and I lived with. Many of these people were shaking there heads at a missionary who had come back to marry within their ranks even though many of them had encouraged it throughout my stay in Laredo the second time. BTW I got tired of the cats who kept tearing up our furniture so we sold them to some strange person.

My sister (Sandra) came at the last minute and because Diana and I were in a hurry to get changed she was unable to give our present at the time they took it over to our house and sent their oldest boy to bring it up to us, chickens. After they had given us a present, funny thing but they felt they had to leave right away. What do you think were they being rude?

Well Diana and I got dressed and went across the river which I had never done since the beginning of my mission! Believe it or not. We went over and had some cabrito which I had to order as Diana was pretending that she did not understand his Spanish, I used to tell people that I was able to speak better Spanish than she but that has never been true. As we went into Mexico we found it a great deal of fun to have all the Mexicanos come by and talk to her aas if I didn’t understand and then I would start talking to her in Spanish. Those poor men were almost always totally embarrasado er embarrassed.

When we were first married we were as poor as church mice who were never left any pieces of bread so we did many things to try and stretch our dollar. The first I remember was when we had no money for the car inspection and she would put on this skimpy tee shirt, tie the ends together so the mechanics were to busy looking at her to pay any attention to what was wrong with the car. Can anyone even try to imagine her doing something like that? Another case where I should have paid more attention to my Patriarchal blessing. I should have been smart enough to explain to her that what she was doing was not appropriate as Diana had only been a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for two years or so I believe and she has learned so much since then it amazes me that I cannot keep up.

I think I have started with the balance of my life and it will be quite a bit longer than that which I have told as of yet as now Diana has a part in it.

2 comments:

  1. I would of loved seeing the looks on the guys faces as you translated for mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved Mom's spirit! She truly is a beautiful woman inside and out! You guys seem to have fun with each other.

    ReplyDelete

Please write whatever you like, as long as it is not dirty and as long as I can read it!