As we start today I want to warn you this is not a pretty story in the least and so one should close their eyes. I have always wondered how that was done. After we were married Diana and I were living in the apartment Diana had before we got hitched. I had never been a father before and I was trying to live as I had before, so I took out my contacts, these were hard contacts, and put them in the cases which I had to keep them in. I arose one day after Cathy did as she wasn’t even three as of yet and she was sleeping with us as Diana didn’t believe in cribs as that was where SIDs happened. Back to the story, Cathy had risen before I and had found my contacts and opened one side… and had dropped one side, the most important side, in the toilet. Well she came in to tell us and, as stated, I was not used to having my things, such important things, LOL, lost, destroyed or dropped in the toilet. So I yelled so loudly that it even woke up Diana and Cathy would never trust me again, for a long time any way. I went to the store and Cathy went with me shortly after that and I told her that I was going to put her in the dumpster, as a good father never would do. I apologize for this.
Anyway, on to the lighter side of life in Laredo, the river was a terrible place to go swimming so we went out to the local lake, which has a name but I cannot remember what it is, which had a playground cerca la laguna where we would go to play and swing Cathy on the swings and on the merry go round. To get out to the lake we would have to drive down Saunders street and then onto a smaller access road that would get on till we found the lake road. This Saunders street is what I was going to talk about. This road was always very crowded and hard to get around on even though it was a four lane road. Seems as if there was always someone with his/her car stuck half way into this Saunders and therefore it turned into a two lane road so Diana bought me a pickup and I insisted that we put a big log on the front of it with a big log that stuck out about three feet on either side so people would backup when they saw me coming, but Diana didn’t want me to get in trouble so I never did this. But every time I drove down Saunders I wanted to get that log.
I think I will go on to put this in the blog and quit for today.
Monday, February 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i wish i could threaten my kids, by telling them i would put them in the dumpster, but alex doesn't understand
ReplyDeleteNot a good idea Alex.
ReplyDeleteNo worries,Dad! We all have to adjust to having kids...it doesn't always come naturally. I still get frustrated that they like to get into things they souldn't, which is most of the time. Kids, kids, kids. What do you do? you gotta LOVE them!
ReplyDelete