Friday, February 03, 2006

Diabetes again for your comprehension...

I won’t tell you this is a happy or fun tale at all. Actually it is a very sad story that I tell you with the hope that you might be better able to understand me.

When I was a young man I was never sent to a camp for diabetics where I could see other diabetics, I did not even know another diabetic in town even though my parents told me of relatives with diabetes i did not know them, and for this reason I thought I had been singled out. This made me very sensitive about myself, I thought my Heavenly Father was sad at something I had done and had punished me with diabetes, I had not yet understood that we all have our own troubles to deal with and I did not want to hear anything about it.

When I was a boy I had great faith in my my Heavenly Father and never grumbled but was proud that I could pick up beer bottles in the club so that we could have church, and even prouder that I could help build a new chapel for the Lord. However, when this diabetes came about, I was totally confused and really did not believe in Him anylonger and actually thought He was a figment of my parents imagination. But I had to believe in someone and so I chose to believed in my parents as far as possible.

It has been a long trip back to where I truly believe in my Heavenly Father once again. It has taken many miracles in my life for this to happen. Yes I went on a mission and I have had tentative faith until where I am today.

I am very sorry for the aboven sad story, we shall look forward to some happier ones.

Love Dad

1 comment:

  1. I think we all go through our own conversions. I also think it won't be until later in my life that I will be able to look back and realize exactly when or where I truley gained my testimony and also when our Heavenly Father was carrying me. Thanks for sharing this Dad. I love you.

    ReplyDelete

Please write whatever you like, as long as it is not dirty and as long as I can read it!