As I have already stated I am not good at writing a proper story with the appropriate commas and other punctuation. The help I am looking for would be someone to copy the blog and paste it into a word processor then go through each story and put in the proper wording and the proper punctuation so that this whole Life story might be compiled, bound and given to my progeny.
And NO I do NOT want to sell my life story or make it into a movie as has been suggested a few times. The reason I do not want to do this is that although you think it might be funny or whatever, when a person purchases anything it then becomes that persons property and he/she ca do whatever he/she wishes and I know a few things are stretching the truth it is my story and I want it as my story and not as someone elses ideas of what might make it better.
Also I know that I love my mother with the greatest love a person can have for their mother, and although I have portrayed her as someone who didn’t care I know that she has lived her life and maybe she has made some mistakes in my eyes, but every person has the right to live their life as they see fit. It might not be appropriate for some, but it is their life and they have the right to choose and no one should criticize except our Lord. I know that I have made my mistakes and no one has the right to decide whether I have repented except our Heavenly Father. And I do not want people I general either to read nor to see my incomplete life. Enough.
One more mission story from San Antonio were I was again a district leader and was getting new companions from the LTM every week or month or in between but never more than a month. My companion went to visit an old sister (hermana) and when we got there we could not get in to see her as there was a goat (chivo) that would not let is into the fence around her house no matter what we would do.
We finally just ran and jumped over her porch railing where we found her as happy as can be and wanting to feed us as we were too thin. When we left she called the goat into his pen so that we could leave in peace. When we were visiting the branch president we had thought the experience quite funny so I told him as best as I could in Spanish as he didn’t understand very much.
When I got to the part about the goat chasing us out of the fence I stumbled quite a bit as I had never talked about goats before, the gospel does not talk about goats so I did not know what one was called, but I did know that a baby goat was called a cabrito in the restaurants so quickly I changed the “ito” to “on” as is usually done when converting a small something into a large something. Anyway I said that there was a cabron (SOB) in this hermanas yard that wouldn’t lrt us pass. Well the branch president asked me who it was and I told him that it was an animal when he started to laugh and laugh then told me that the large cabrito was called a chivo and that the cabron was a not so nice man.
Well how was I to know but the branch president thought it so funny that he had to tell his counselors and thy told their wives and their wives told their friends and when we got to church that Sunday we were faced with the biggest harangue that one could get and then my companion told the mission president who told the assistants to the president and the word spread from there around the mission. I was from then on known as the SOB by the mission president on down to every new missionary that came into the mission. And it is wondered why I don’t go to the reunions.
Friday, February 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
sounds unfortunate that you had to be known as an sob. about the help. i'm sure as you are reading my blog you wouldn't want my help for the fabrication thing. Also our family never put much importance on speaking the english language well (having grown up in NC), so I would make it false and worse than you because of the proper montana education that you got.
ReplyDeleteThats funny that you miss- translated like that, are there any other words that had the same confusing result?
ReplyDeleteNot that I got caught up in. But I am sure there a lot of other words that people get trapped with, "embarasada" is one my LTM told me about when he was in the mission field. He thought embarasada was embarrased so he told this hermana that he was embarasada and the lady just laughed at him embarasada means pregnant.
ReplyDelete