Alex said...
What a dumb stake president. But i'm sure he had his reasons other than what we can imagine.
Kristy said...
sometimes i wouls like to be put on the do not contact list! But instead i have caller ID!
Kiki said...
Alex and I have both put in our aplications for bishop and relief socity president respectively, but as of yet we haven't heard anything back...suprizingly we haven't been given any callings.
Response: When I was younger I thought I could do better than some of the Bishops we had; however, I am very happy to say this calling nevr came to me.
Cathy said...
I remember you helped translate Spanish on Sundays... was that a calling or just something anyone could help out with?
Response: Translating was a calling. I guess I forgot, you are only going to get the things I remember. Soo sorry!
"Church callings 2!"
Alex said...
I remember that north carolina had a problem with racism. It was weird being called cracker and then the white people not knowing how to treat you. all in all I still loved it there. It was a ton of fun.
Response: That is only because that is where you grew up. I'm afraid you even have some of that racism in your makeup! Should I exorcize it? Maybe next time I see you I can call in a Catholic priest.
Cathy said...
Growing up in Washington we had really strong priesthood leaders in our wards, then moving to NC we were so surprised to see some of the "interpretations" that were going on...very interesting. I didn't remember your callings. Thanks for sharing them!
Response: Thanks for always being so supportive Cathy.
Kiki said...
What did the mouse look like?
Response: Kiki, I don't understand!
Ciria said...
Thinking back on the few callings I have held in my life, I really enjoyed being in the nursery. However, I do agree sometimes having parents in nursery is not the best thing for the children. I check up on Zoƫ all of the time and I always want to help her, but I know that I really won't be helping.
Kristy said...
I really don't remember a lot of the race stuff with in the church you are talking about. Every place you go to has it's problems...but I agree with Alex, I still loved it there. Would go back, too.
Response: Sorry to burst your bubble but I believe it was there.
"Church callings 3!"
Ciria said...
Funny thing, Adam and I were just discussing callings. I am amazed at all the different places you serve. What a great example!
Response: I am not an example; I just believe that one must serve where one is called as the Lord is directing His church!
Alex said...
I remember sometimes having to take you all the way out to the temple. but who did it the other times? i never knew it was a calling
Response: Well now you know. This was the easiest calling I have had.
Kristy said...
All my callings seem to be in primary....which sometimes I have a hard time not resenting b/c I am with children all the time already. I don't know which is worse though, primary callings or having to go to relief society.
Response: Well I believe we are called to where we need the experience as the Lord is directing His church!
I was wondering what this mouse looked like. "This Elders Quorum Presidents name was Paul Skaggs who worked as a electrical engineer for Hewlett-Packard and he showed us the mouse he was designing at the time. I don’t believe I have ever seen the like."
ReplyDelete