As we left the Chapel Hill Ward I was almost totally blind and for this reason Diana, Ciria, Alex, Andrew and Calixta all got out of the car and refused to go another inch with me driving. I wonder they let me drive as far as I did because we were in Arkansas when they rebelled against me. It is also the reason that I was called to few church callings from then on.
It is amazing to me at the number of callings there are that can be done by people with almost no physical abilities. The Lord truly loves His children. It is amazing to me that I was called as a name extraction person. It also amazes me to know that I am most effective when I am most faithful and I do not feel very faithful right now as it has been at least six months that I finished my last packet of names, the current one seems to have too many problems. Oh, I already I need to get on the ball or get busy!
Back to the story, when we finally got to Harrah, OK I was called to be the Elders Quorum secretary and while in this position the Elders Quorum president taught me how to use both Microsoft Access and Microsoft Publisher with the idea of writing a Ward newsletter on a monthly basis. We got no support and although we did put out a few publications we were stymied at a feasible way of distributing to those who were unable to get to church on Sundays. We thought of mailing them to everyone, too cost prohibitive; to those who did not get to church, we were afraid of stepping on toes. All in all we were always boggled with another problem with each new idea. The only good thing that came of it was that I did put together the Ward ulletin each week, and even that had problems in that the auxiliary leaders were always late in announcing what was about to happen this week let alone this month.
We moved into the Allen 4th Ward and there I was ordained a High Priest, I was called as an Employment Specialist, something I was and am little capable of doing, and I was called to work in the Dallas Temple a calling I dearly cherished as long as I could get to the temple on time. Well, I will talk some more tomorrow.
Monday, June 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Funny thing, Adam and I were just discussing callings. I am amazed at all the different places you serve. What a great example!
ReplyDeleteI remember sometimes having to take you all the way out to the temple. but who did it the other times? i never knew it was a calling
ReplyDeleteAll my callings seem to be in primary....which sometimes I have a hard time not resenting b/c I am with children all the time already. I don't know which is worse though, primary callings or having to go to relief society.
ReplyDelete