Saturday, July 15, 2006

Funerals

I never thought I would go to any of my families funerals but they would all attend my funeral while here in this eaarthly life. Was I ever wrong! Not only was I wrong, but it looks as if I am healthier than several in my family. Of course looks are decieving and I may be the very next one to go on to the spirit prison not that Allen went there but I am sure I will.

It is a great shock to learn that your youngest brother has passed on when I felt that I would be the very first. It is even a greater shock to learn that he was strangled to death with no marks left to identify the one who might have strangled him. Actually it wasn’t a person who strangled him but his own body strangled him to death.

After all of the suffering I have gone through because of diabetes I feel this was a very good way to die and it took less than ten minutes. Allen even took the time to tell his wife that he loved her before he passed on according to Lisa.

I was given the honor and difficulty of offering the Family Prayer. I did't know how this should have been done but I offered a prayer of thanks to our Heavenly Father for the opportuniy of knowing Allen and of being a family then I asked a special blessing upon Lisa, my parents and all who would miss Allen that they would be comforted and I said a few other things that I don’t remember so they must not have been important.

As Diana and I talked we decided that we would be of the least to be saddened by Allen’s passing and this gave us some reflection on how we should have taken more time to get to know Allen and then we thought of the last time we had seen him and remembered that he chose to walk by us without even saying hello so I came to the conclusion that I need to take more of a possitive role in dealing with each of my brothers and sisters and to not let small things get in the way of my responsibility to have a good relatioship with each of my brothers and sisters. I need to follow the example of Jesus as Calixta would say.

2 comments:

  1. Dad, I thought you did a great job on the prayer. You also asked that your family would find forgiveness in their hearts towards eachother. I think it's like what Sandra said about being the oldest or older than your other siblings, sometimes you don't always get to know them or have as close of a relationship with them as you would like just simply because of the age difference. How far away you live from eachother also plays a big part in it all. At the risk of sounding insensitive, we are glad to still have you around. We have gotten used to you being around, and I kind of like it and would like to keep you for a little while longer if it is at all possible. I love you, dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've come to accept life as what it is. Temporary. I'm happy when people get to move on. Although they will be missed.

    ReplyDelete

Please write whatever you like, as long as it is not dirty and as long as I can read it!