Monday, April 24, 2006

Working again (I wish)

Along the northeastern border of Ohio was a small town about thirty miles west of the border of Pennsylvania right next to lake Erie is a small town Redbird. Anyway I was sent there to help move the computer to Raleigh, NC where this British based company had decided to reestablish their headquarters. I went there to get to know the people of the company and to take over for the head of the data processing department as the previous head had said that she would not leave Ohio for any reason. How narrow minded I believe as I have been in several locations around the US.

I remember the trip up there was like a visit to a third world country. I flew to Pittsburg, Pennsylvania rented a car and drove to this small town. Pittsburg was the last bit of a US that I saw and it was not that great. While traveling west north west from Pittsburg I was shocked at the number of toll roads I had to go through. I probably spent twenty dollars just on tolls! And Pennsylvania was probably the most strict state with speed limits I have seen. I was warned and didn’t get any tickets, but almost as I was two miles from Ohio when I sped up. I should have waited for the half mile point. And to answer your questions I was stopped and lectured as I had a NC drivers license, if it had been from Pennsylvania or Ohio I definitely would have received a ticket. I was told that my name and license number would alert any future Pennsylvania police

There were a young couple who moved with the company who were not married though they had marital relations and I could never understand this as both were in their early twenties and he was an alcoholic and she looked like a two legged bull dog. After getting back to Raliegh I worked with this guy, she worked in a different department, for several months before I was called into the comptrollers office and told to fire him by this totally British guy who had no idea that I was at the end of my rope, so when I refused to fire him he wanted my resignation then and there so I called my bosses and told them, it was no more than twenty minutes when I was called back to the comptrollers office again and begged to stay. The drunkard was an ingenious person with programming but it was only a little time longer before they fired him

I guess that is my story for today. See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. So why was this town so far from the normal US that we are used too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it wanted to be a part of Canada. The only thing they had for recreation was a cantina or saloon, not even a movie theater. The only church was a catholic church and I'll bet very few went as there were too many patrons of the Saloons on the one SundayI was there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a two legged bull dog? Now Dad, that's just not nice....funny, but not nice.

    ReplyDelete

Please write whatever you like, as long as it is not dirty and as long as I can read it!