When Calixta was born it was early on a Sunday morning and I had just accepted a job giving me a $30,000.00 a year raise. And Calixta almost killed Diana but all I could think of was obtaining that great big paycheck. Vallen probably laughs as he probably makes that much per month with his new job. Anyway I think I was the biggest jerk around as I ran off to get that job after Calixta was born. We then lived in Moses Lake, Washington making three of our six children being in Moses Lake or Alex, Andrew and Calixta or the little ones as they came to be known to us in our family. Cathy and Kristy were born in Laredo, Texas. Leaving poor Ciria to be the black er lost sheep of the family and the only child being born in Othello, Washington, which she should be very proud of as that is were I graduated High School from. One might say that most children were born in Washington State. The one good thing about the day Calixta was born was that Verl and Michael-Jean Hansen also had a baby that same day, however, this baby was a very pre-mature baby and I was asked to help give the baby a blessing. Spiritually I was doing a little better than I was doing with Diana.
Well I ran off to work my fourth job after college in Spokane, WA. Then I hurried Diana to come up there to help find the house we would live in. another silly or thoughtless action on my part. I was batting zero in my familial abilities but quite high in my work abilities. I didn’t even have to interview for this or any further jobs as my name and work ethic and ability got to be quite well known especially along the east coast.
Working at KeyTronic Inc. I was given the ability to work in a managing position and found that I was not the type of person to give one of my workers a raise and not another. I had one individual who I continually found sleeping at his desk and I could not convince myself to fire him, he had struggles as he was trying to move while working or something else, instead I kept finding excuses for him. Never again did I want to be in a management position although I did find myself there once for a few months while working as a consultant. I even remember the name of this company “Shakespeare fishing equipment Inc.” I had to look it up. LOL
The only person I was responsible to was the controller and that made no sense to me as the controller should be responsible for finances and not for the manufacturing part of the Computer Science staff should be under the manufacturing manager or VP. I always get upset over the near-sightedness of some business men. What does a comptroller know about the workings of a shelving sequence? Most would say nothing or give you a dead answer as they really know nothing and are trying to impress everyone around.
Anyway after working for KeyTronic I moved cross country to work as a consultant. My favorite way of working in North Carolina where I moved the family to and most if not all can now speak as if they are from the south. Bye for now.
Sunday, April 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It is fun to read all of this! Lots and lots that I do not remember.
ReplyDelete