Friday, April 07, 2006

And finally Calixta!

Calixta was such a disappointment to me that I cried when Diana told me she was expecting once again. To be honest Calixta was not a disappointment but the fact that we were going to have to support another child and all the pampers and all the clothes and allll the shoes and all the food. And at the amount of money I was earning. I just couldn’t think of how we were going to survive having another child. Calixta would probably say that I never forgot that moment, but I will never forget the great blessings that were poured out on all of my family since we were willing to support another of our Heavenly Father’s spirits.

Diana and I found how much our Heavenly Father loves us and how much He will bless us with if we simply follow His commandments. And I remember one of those commands is to be fruitful and multiply and I am so grateful that we did follow this commandment as we could. I now realize that everyone is unable to follow this commandment, but many are to selfish to follow this commandment as they do not realize how much Heavenly Father will bless those who do follow each of His commandments. Isn’t it amazing the efforts satan goes to to convince us that we only need follow one rule – that of being selfish.

It is amazing to me all of the blessings Diana and I have shared in through our lives while raising our children and then I feel that I have not yet done something that I should have done already and for this reason I have slowed down a great deal on the life story. If I finish it I might have finished something that is keeping me alive. Maybe there is something completely different but I have no clue what it might be if it is not this then I think it might be a mission, as I understand that one is forgiven his/her sins for every child of god who one teaches the gospel to and must follow ones patriarchal blessing.

As Calixta grew older she was such a delight to us as she has always been an extremely fun person. I was extremely frustrated with Calixta as she turned a teenager and started hanging with a bunch of, in my opinion, losers. I can think of not one who has made something of her life except Calixta. I realize I should have been kinder to these girls as Diana was, however all I could see was the loss of one of my Heavenly Fathers children and I didn’t think Andrew would such a thing. Just goes to show you that no one might be perfect without my or our proper teachings. Hopefully by teaching the gospel to a rew people I might be forgiven all the wrongs I have done my family.

Calixta was a challenge for me to accept and she was always one to correct me with what I found to be what she had been taught in church and I would be very embarrassed at what I should have done.

I was so proud to see five of my six children in the celestial and the sealing rooms when Calixta was married and I wondered what had caused Andrew to decide not to follow what Diana and I had tried to teach our children.

3 comments:

  1. I know I feel the same about Kaneischa and Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when Calixta was a teenager telling me how when you got mad at her she would run into her room and get on her bed where you couldn't reach her because your wheelchair couldn't fit through the door. That must have been really frustrating! This still makes me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Calixta what can I say- she is an odd ball! But an amazing girl!

    ReplyDelete

Please write whatever you like, as long as it is not dirty and as long as I can read it!