That is taxes not Texas Alex. Diana and I paid all of our meager savings to the IRS for taxes that we owed so Alex could go to Texas to start his life. You see we paid the government as much as the government paid Alex to move to Texas. I guess one might say we are still supporting our children. Well this is not my story, I just thought I would give Alex a hard time.
Since we paid so much on taxes – Diana and I have been left this week as broke as scrooge was mean. We have been waiting all week for the disability check to get here from the insurance company. I thought it would have been here on Monday – then Tuesday – then Wednesday – then today and it finally got here today. I was going stir crazy in that I couldn’t have even gone to Wal-Mart for some water as we were that poor. Finally I was going out of my mind and remembered Diana’s little basket of loose change that we never seem to use except for times like today. So I took about 1/4th of it and put it in a little sandwich bag so I would have some money for lunch as I just wanted out of the house after all the waiting. The check came after lunch today bye the way. While I was at the mall getting ready to eat a burrito I sat at one of the tables and dumped the cash out on the table to count how much money I actually had and while counting I dropped several nickels to the floor. I knew where they were so I left them while I finished counting. Well, some lady came over and picked them up for me and I said “Thank You, I am just counting the money to see what I can afford”. I can imagine now what it must have looked like (A little old man with no legs and no money trying to get something to eat).
Well, I went over to "Taco Time" to get a burrito and as I ordered and was waiting for the waiter to tell me how much I owed, this man came over and started talking to the waiter. I was getting upset at the rudeness of the guy to come and cut in so when he turned to me and said “I’ve got it” I didn’t understand what he was talking about and asked what so he told me again and I finally had sense enough to say thank you. And as the waiter gave him the change he dropped it into my sandwich bag for which I thanked him again. Then after I went over to the tables and started eating, as I had not brought out my water, this same man brought me a large drink, that I had not even asked the waiter for!
I told Diana that I wasn’t going to wait for any more money, when I need anything I would just keep the dark glasses on and hold out my hat! That should bring in a couple hundred a day.
Love you all.
Thursday, April 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
great story dad. I'm sorry the government is sticking it to you for my sake.
ReplyDeleteNot your sake Alex, but everyones sake. The government dislikes older people...........
ReplyDeleteI never thought I would get anything back either. And I paid a lot more money toward social security than you do. I remember thinking "this is a waste of money". And also my parents have been on social security for several years also! Are you going to try and collect from them also?
ReplyDeleteIf so I am putting a voodoo hex on you! Ready, here it comes.
Oh, I have tears in my eyes from laughing. I really hope that it does not come down to begging. Especially if you all come down her to Utah - You one get anything out of the penny pinching mormon's out here!
ReplyDeleteFunny story dad, next time keep you legs off and I am sure that will double your money!
ReplyDelete