Tuesday, March 14, 2006

After Ciria What?

Ciria was a true joy to have in our family after we moved from Connell to Moses Lake and stopped driving so much to visit my parents. Cathy and Kristy also enjoyed life better also, away from grandmas house. They didn't like the mice in Moses Lake though. We still went to visit grandma and grandpa every so often, but not nearly as often as we would while we lived in an apartment in Connell.

I think I will tell one more story of life in Connell before we moved to Moses Lake. While Cathy was in kindergarten she studied dinosaurs, one day she went home and asked Diana if when she was little “did the dinosaurs bother you?”. This came from a five year old mind and so for all who still have children under ten, guess what strange things they might think up? And maybe even older than ten! There is no way of trying to figure out what children will think of.

So we moved from Connell when I got a job working for the city of Moses Lake and purchased our first house there in Moses Lake. I think the job I had in Moses Lake was the favorite job I ever worked at. The only thing it lacked was the ability of teaching others as I enjoyed as a consultant. If that job had paid me enough to live on I would still be working there. I guess we were just greedy in wanting more for our children to eat. I guess they could have breast fed for a longer period of time. Anyway we lived ther in Moses Lake for five years. During which time Alex was born and born again in my opinion. As Diana had a miscarriage before Alex was born and I am not sure if this is another child that we will raise during the millennium or if Alex was just mean enough to push the fourth little girl out of the way so he could have his chance to be born to Diana.

Then Diana told me that she was expecting again and I think tears came into my eyes but I was too big of a man for this to actually show, or I thought I was. But again Diana had a miscarriage and I was on my knees asking the Lord not to let this happen again, but He didn’t pay me any attention. You see I still didn’t know where babies came from. Well it was only a few months later when Andrew was born and again I don’t know whether we will be raising an eighth child in the millennium or if Andrew also pushed the next little girl out of the way so that he could be born after Alex but you know what I truly believe that they both pushed Calixta out of the way so they could be born first. As they both were very ornery to her while we were raising them!

Gotcha guys…

Just before Calixta was born, I was offered a job for $40,000.00 a year were at the City of Moses Lake I was only earning $10,000.00 a year. I knew that I really enjoyed my job there in Moses Lake so I went to my boss and asked him for a raise and he said he would have to ask the city manager. After which they both had to go to the city council and finally my boss came back to me and said they had been authorized to offer me $.25 an hour more for my services. I guess one can see why I gave up my favorite job.

3 comments:

  1. I will always be haunted by the memories of the mice in Moses Lake. To this day I am sooooo afraid of mice. I think Cathy would agree with me. There is something about laying in bad at night listening to the mice running around in the ceiling above yor bed....then taking the broom handle and banging on the ceiling with it it hopes of trying to make them go away only to poke a hole in the ceiling right above your bed. I still remember laying in bad at night with Cathy talking about wether or not the mice would fall through that hole or not. Or, having your mom tell you to open the bread drawer to see if something was in there and when I did a mouse jumped out at me and both me and mom screamed and ran away. This can permanently scar a child...I am proof!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe that is why I stood on our mantle screaming for Adam to come home when I saw a mouse running through our house during the construction phase.

    ReplyDelete

Please write whatever you like, as long as it is not dirty and as long as I can read it!