As we try to remember all things in our life there is a whole lot that seems to go by the bye and bye, but remember, I remember all things as if they happened earlier today! What was it that Diana said I should remember to bring home? Oh, it was myself without any problems… Is there a good way to tell her that there are always problems? Now on to the history of my life. Before we moved to Stevensville each of my fathers brothers and sisters had moved to Victor with their parents to make the dairy farm work and one by one they had all left saying there had to be more money to be made in other than the dairy. You see my father and his father had tried to grow their own alfalfa hay to feed their cows as this would save money, they later found that hay grown in Idaho would produce a great deal more milk than hay grown locally in Montana. When everyone else had left and they had had to sell the farm, my father and grandfather started working for a beef rancher who was also a banker and a state representative. We lived in this man’s secondary house which had little heat, if any. At last my father decided to make a stab at something other than staying with his parents so he went off to drive truck as I said earlier for “Mayflower Moving Company” just to find out that they were as poor as the dairy industry and cattle ranching in Montana. Anyway we had to move out of the secondary house and find another place to live. Guess where, I’ll bet you didn’t think of Stevensville. If you did you were completely right. I thought it was named for my uncle. While we lived here there were a few things of note: First, I remember going to visit my grandparents and having my aunt Renae and my older sister Sandra make mud pies and then hold me down on the edge of the sidewalk and beat my head on the ground until I agreed to eat the blasted things. Oh well, at least they were not as bad as the cow pie I mentioned earlier. But they were still very awful and I’ll bet my aunt still has to look to find out how to make ice, I know my sister does.
I had a long day today so I will tell more tomorrow, if you care – dare to read on.
Monday, January 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hey what happend to the picture. Did mom tell you to take it off. tell her she's no fun
ReplyDelete