To each of my grandchildren I want you to know:
1) Never ever doubt the love of your parents of whom your Heavenly Father is the MOST important. (I believe your earthly parents will teach you of this great being and so I will not take the time to try to tell you all you should know.)
2) As you get to be a teenager you will discover more and more exciting things that you will believe is a new discovery to you and your friends. This is great and you should be excited about it. Your parents were excited too. There is little that you will learn that is not already known by your earthly parents and our Heavenly Father knows ALL.
3) Don’t be as dumb as your grandpa while studying. I never tried until after I got married, then I thought it was important to understand what I was studying so remember it is not just for yourself but for your future spouse and children that you are studying now.
4) Friends are a good thing in your life and will mean more to you than you can believe. Friends will help you make many decisions in life and because of this you need to be very picky about who you choose as a friend. Try to choose members of the church as the biggest portion of your friends. ALWAYS REMEMBER that friends are not as important as your parents. My children forgot this sometimes.
5) Cars were so exciting to me and so I believe they will be to you also. They are not a toy that can be broken and forgotten as you have done with Christmas gifts a lot so far. They are a significant expenditure to you or to your parents and so should be treated as you would treat a good friend.
6) When dating:
Remember that dating is a time in your life when you should have fun, good wholesome fun that you can always look back upon with pride during the rest of your life. So don’t do something you cannot tell everyone including your Heavenly Father about. (He will know anyway.)
a) Wives will almost always be like their mothers. (Except your grandma who is like her mother in most ways except she wants the best for her children.)
b) Husbands will almost always be like their fathers. My sons are just like me, they love to be in front of the computer or electronic games.
So always get to know the parents of the one you choose for your eternal companion. And please find someone who is worthy to go through the temple of our Heavenly Father with you.
As time goes on I will think of other things I think you should know so keep your eyes open for future posts named Grandchildren.
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for this sweet letter, Dad. Love you!
ReplyDelete