Friday, May 11, 2007

Bear

I wake and take Duke for a pee walk every morning at around 5:30 AM. We normally go over to the middle school next to us, Wy' East Middle School, where they have a track that I can go around while Duke runs around me all over in front of me , behind me and all over. I can do this only when there are no prople around as Duke always wants to go visit everyone and lick them. This morning we got out to the side of the apartment complex and some guy was running away from the area. Well he stopped long enough to tell me to get out of the area which I did not understand as he was talking so fast that everything sounded like a blab. Duke and I ignored the fright he seemed to have and went on a little way further until a police car came up and told us that there was a bear about 1 block east of us and that I should go home, which I did.

Duke still had to go to the bathroom and so I took him right next to the building. While I was waiting for him to go to the bathroom he started barking and I looked up to see a bear running across the soccer field in front of us. So I decided Duke didn't need to go that bad and went in to tell Diana.

This was the first time I have ever waken Diana early and she didn't get angry at me for waking her. She turned on the TV to watch for news and then went out into the back yard to see if she could see it. Diana didn't see the bear but she did see a pickup and a police car. She came back in to watch more news and we watched until just before the bear was darted. Because there was a commercial Diana went out in the back yard again and saw the bear running for all he was worth south. Apparently, according to the news, the bear was Darted and took off. They also said that he had been reported at around 5:00 AM and it was about 7:00 AM before the news reported him to be unconcious and in custody.

3 comments:

  1. You really do have some great adventures. Thank goodness for Duke, you may have completely missed out on seeing a bear that close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Peter Pan, what great adventures you have!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually saw this story on CNN Headline News after I read this blog. What a small world.

    ReplyDelete

Please write whatever you like, as long as it is not dirty and as long as I can read it!