Diana and I are planning a trip to visit my parents this coming weekend and like I said I am going to purchase a tape recorder with several tapes and talk to mom and dad to get the best of their life tales. Mom has told me that she wrote a lot of this kind of stuff for Wendy at one time (probably ten years ago or more, some people are really on the ball) and so I will get a copy of that as well.
Now I hope that dad is feeling up to the task of remembering as many tales as possible. I know that if dad can remember all of the tales it will take about a full week of just listening and I know that mom can tell just as many only she liked to hear dad’s tales and didn’t say a great deal while we were growing up, I remember her telling a few. I do remember how fun it was to hear each tell of how they met and started dating, it is almost like a different tale with pretty much the same ending. The following is how mom told it to me over the phone today then sometime next week I will be able to tell dad’s “getting to know you” storie:
Mom and her friend had done something at camp the previous year and so they weren’t allowed camp that year, but her friends older sister, who was dating dad at the time, had gone to camp. One day my mother went to her friends house to find the boy she had been gowing around with there with dad. (My words or the words I am adding will be in brackets). Somehow mom, her friend and dad and the guy mom was dating (but didn’t like) decided to go out. Now moms friends mother (who didn’t like dad can you imagine) suggested that Delbert go with Darline so (he got down on his knees) he asked her if she would go with him and she said “I’ll have to ask my mother”. (wouldn’t it be so much better if we could get snywhere close to that kind of obedience today?)
Oh, mom also told me that while at the Lee reunion she was given a book explaining how we are related with President Harold B. Lee. If interestted let me know and I will get a copy of this book for you.
Is there anyway that you all can tell me what kind of info you like from this blog?
Hopefuly I can get a few pictures to go along with each tale.
Love you all, dad
I am so glad that you are getting all of this from Grandma & Grandpa - it is fun to get to know them this way.
ReplyDeleteGreat Job Keary!!! Love ya!!!
ReplyDeleteI love all the stuff you put on your blogs. Keep it UP!
ReplyDeleteI enjoy most the nostalgic stories of stuff we may or may have not heard.
ReplyDelete