I do not remember hearing this one.
Question: What was the naughtiest thing you did?
Mom: Mother would ask me to take the kids (her brothers and sisters) and she would say “make sure you don’t get the sun in their eyes.” Of course when I got away from the house I knew that if you got the sun in their eyes they would go to sleep, so then I could take them home and go play.
Dad: One of the naughtiest things I did was when I was a kid. And we had a corral – we had a barn and a corral and the corral came out around the barn and we had a shed out behind the barn a hundred yards or so behind the barn. But there was a big low spot in the corral and when it would rain or snow and then melt then we would have all this soupy stuff in the corral.
Every morning we would have to get up about 4 – 4:30 in the morning and go out and get the cows in and milk them by hand. Well he’d (Rex’d) make mego out and bring the cows in from the shed. Well I’d rebelled one day and made him go get the cows and he didn’t know we had – he knew we had it but didn’t know how to do it because he went into the shed and turned the light on. That woke all the cows up including the bulland the bull took out after him. Here he come running across the (corral) and there was an ice pond there at that time but the bull broke through it and the bull would come through and just butt Rex in the butt end and push him a little ahead until he got to the barn doorand I had the barn door which was a door with a top half and a bottom half were you could open all together or separate and I had the door open so he could get in. just as he got to the door I shut the bottom half of the door and the bull hit him in the butt and just put him through the top half of the door all covered with manure. I wouldn’t do things like that on purpose! (Of course you wouldn't!)
Friday, November 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please write whatever you like, as long as it is not dirty and as long as I can read it!