Monday, September 25, 2006

Othello Trip

Diana and I went to visit my parents this past weekend and found that we went on a perfect weekend. As we approached Othello on Highway 17 from Mesa to Othello I noticed a house that I remember going to home teach when I was between 14 and 15 then I noticed another house that I remembered a certain family lived in when I was a child. Then finally I noticed a house as we approached Othello tht belonged to the Weibel family and I told Diana I had graduated from high school with a daughter of this family. Later I asked my father if the Weibel family still owned this property and he told me that yes Herbert Weibel still lived there and that the girl I had graduated with had given birth to a baby by a guy by the name of ? Jemkins and mom had said the Jenkins were all a wild lot.

Enough for the nostalgia. I just thought it quite interesting that I was so able to remember these things at this time and had never befre emembered them. There seems to be a lot of things that I am just now remembering and learning that was a part of my earlier years.

Now for the reason of the perfect weekend. It seems that Matthew was scheduled to be given the Melchizedek preisthood on Sunday after church and ordained an Elder. As we were there I was asked to help in the ordination. I was also asked to give my father a blessing of health just after this ordination which I thought was quite special in the event there were many others in the room who could have done just as well or better than I.

Diana and I were able to get home last night at about 11 PM after a very enjoyable weekend. We took the game Blokus with us and everyone who played it had a wonderful time.


Dad's blessing Matthew's Orrdination

Cameron n Samantha , Melissa's children



2 comments:

Please write whatever you like, as long as it is not dirty and as long as I can read it!