Wednesday, September 20, 2006

So where has everyone gone?

I really do know!
One of the happiest moments of our later years was a few years ago when we had the whole family here for Adam and Ciria’s wedding and since then we have gone from everyone to Andrew, Shawnie, Aden and Jocelyn who now live here in Vancouver, WA with Diana and I.

I guess that is alright since we haven’t spent a lot of time with Andrew and family since we moved here in 2000. Of course part of the blame for that is on Andrews shoulders but most of that blame is my own. At any rate this will change now that there is no one left here in Vancouver except for Andrew and family and Diana and I. Is there enough ands in the previous sentence?

While I was working I earned quite a lot of money but I was too busy trying to earn money to really enjoy it. We are far happier now that we are dirt poor than we were when we had quite a lot of money. The most important thing is to enjoy life and not to worry about what one has. Diana and I have six wonderful children and currently 10 wonderful grandchildren. This is real joy and happiness.

When Diana and I were first married she wanted me to get a good education so that I could make a lot of money and it would not have been as hard on me as a manual laborer. Well if Alex gets hired on as a fireman, he will make far more money than I could have and Andrew has just got a job with Christensen yachts and he will shortly be earning more than I could. I guess what I am saying is that I hope each of my children will take it to heart that happiness and joy do not come from how much mone one has but rather what one does with what one has.

Now the five wonderful grandchildren we had living here with us.


Aden has a haircut just like mine
or at least just like mine when I was five years old on July 4, 1956

Jocelyn the model of Andrew and Shawnie is playing with Aden, Zachary, Tonia and Zeke.

And Zachary is getting ready to leave the area of Vancouver and playing with Aden and Jocelyn for the last time in Vancouver. I seriously hope Zachary will be able to make a bunch of friends in Utah like he has here.


Of course Tonia and Zeke are also getting ready to leave us here in Vancouver. I hope Tonia will be able to continue with her ridinng of horses and she will continue practicing her guitar.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the advice on money, Job hunt in the fireman field is still on although I have 2 interviews lined up next tuesday so wish me luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Money, money, moneeyy. It makes the world go round but it sure does put a damper on life if you place too much importance on it. Thanks for the words of advice and love. We miss you tons Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mega Dittos Dad! I say the more money you have the more money problems you have. Dan and I agree that the most important thing is to enjoy our children and make lots of good memories with them while they are with us. After all, thats all we can take with us in the end. I saw a sign the other day that said "You can't have it all. Where would you put it?" Love you Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Please write whatever you like, as long as it is not dirty and as long as I can read it!