Monday, July 24, 2006

Funerals 2

I went to a friends funeral today in a Catholic church and was amazed at the differences between my brothers funeral and the one today. Noone spoke except the Preist who was foriegn and I could barely understand him. They also paid some lady to come and play the piano and sing some songs, she was pretty good.

It is also funny to see the differences in the design of their chapel compared to that of our own. Their chapel was almost all glass. I imagine that it s so for the benefit of people driving by so they could see how impressive it is to be of their church. There was at least three podiums the Priest spoke from, I had a hard time trying to find him as he kept changing positions with each change in topic.

Boy I would hate to have to try and keep up with him. At least I wouldn't fall asleep, it is too interesting to watch the traffic go by.

And the worst thing about the funeral I went to today was that there was no funeral potatoes. In fact I had to go home to eat as they were to cheap to feed us for paying our last respects.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that most mormons are of english decent. I always say if your in our country learn our language.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I wish there were more windows in our chapels...especially during Fast & Testimony metting. I liked the windows at the chapel hill building, you could watch the squirrels.

    ReplyDelete

Please write whatever you like, as long as it is not dirty and as long as I can read it!