Friday, May 26, 2006

Responses 2 Here we go again!

Alex said...
I had no idea that you worked for so many different companies. Was it ever hard to find a job

Response: No it was never hard to find a job as I worked for a consulting company and they found jobs for me. The only trouble was that when my salary got too high companies could find cheaper help more and more. I asked to have my salary lowered but the consulting company, wTw or Wesson, Taylor, Wells, would not hear of it. I suppose they didn't want to be sued or something.

Cathy said...
Vallen has thought a lot about consulting like you did... I'm not too excited because I remember how many hours you worked! I'd rather he worked close to home. I'm sure you liked it better too!

Response: My Advice would be to work for a Consulting company as I did. But then he probably has out bid himself before he gets started as his current salary is more than what most companies are willing to pay for that type of consulting. They, the companies looking for help, can get it from college grads much cheaper, not as good but cheaper and that is what most companies want. I probably do not know what I am talking about but I remember working for Arthur Andersen just after my transplant and they had such strict rules to follow that I didn't do a good job. I felt bad about this. Oh well, ramblings of an old fool. One last thing, I hated being away from my family so much which I had too do as a consultant regardless of the hours I worked. And I worked so many hours so that my children could have whatever Diana said they needed.

Ciria said...
It's good to see you blogging again. It is always a learning experience. Since when did you fish with friends?

Response: I fished as a child with my uncle Steve and then later as a teenager with Jimmy Brasheers and then finally with this friend Steve as I was trying to influence his life. Feeling bad about the way he had been treated or something like that. To tell the truth I wouldn't have given up the trips out on his yacht.

Kristy said...
Dad it's like you had a secret life that none of us or at least I never knew about. I guess I always wondered exactly what you were doing while you were away... I just figured working. Interesting insight.

Response: I always thought no one was interested in what I had been doing. Sometimes I would tell Diana but not always. I had the impression that none of my children liked me very much. That is why I treated yall the way I did. Childish I know but there it is.
Fortunately I have grown a great deal as I have gotten older, and your husband has taught me alot as most of my childrens spouses have.

And here is one from Trips are scary.
Alex said...
I keep waiting for your new blog dad. Please think of something to write about. I miss hearing about what's going on

Response: I have written three since then and two have not been commented on. So I guess it is only a one way street for yall. JK LOL :)

1 comment:

  1. ok sorry it has taken so long for me to comment, but thanks for the response. Your blog has been very insightful and it has allowed me to get to know you better, which I have loved.

    ReplyDelete

Please write whatever you like, as long as it is not dirty and as long as I can read it!