Friday, May 26, 2006

Here we go again!

Ever wonder where I am going with this life story? Well Ill tell you… at the end. For now we go on with my dreary life. We left off in Raleigh, NC at Emco Wheaton who made Gasoline nozzles for gas pumps. Now we go to Durham, NC and Northern Telecom Recycling where I worked for a short period of time. So short that I don’t even remember what I did there or why I left but I did leave to go to work in Columbia, SC for Shakespeare fishing equipment Inc. while working here I wrote software to keep track of the amount of line coming off each machine. This was a grand experience as I was talking directly with a machine and only had to talk to people when this project finished and they fired my friend, Steve, the manager of this DP Department and asked me to take over for him until they found a replacement, which I thought they never would.

Before they let him go Steve and I would go out on the lake fishing on his little 40 foot boat er yacht. We would go to the USC ball games and wander around the campus where he had gone to school while he explained to me all of his good times while living there and going to school. I was so sad at some of the things he told me that I tried to tell him of the gospel of Jesus Christ and the resurrected church but he was to stuck in his ways and didn’t want to create ripples. He had been married a long time ago, as he put it, and I later found out had only been two years since she had left him for his drinking and dating other women. The other thing we always did was to go to “Applebee’s” to eat and where he found all of his old chums and would start drinking the night away, it was on our third trip to Applebee’s that I realized I needed to take my own car so that I could get home at a decent hour.

Once they finally found a replacement for Steve I moved on from this part of my life and went back to North Carolina to work at Merck, Sharpe & Dohme a pharmaceutical manufacturing company and we will discuss this next time I get time to continue my story.

3 comments:

  1. I had no idea that you worked for so many different companies. Was it ever had to find a job

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to see you blogging again. It is always a learning experience. Since when did you fish with friends?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad it's like you had a secret life that none of us or at least I never knew about. I guess I always wondered exactly what you were doing while you were away... I just figured working. Interesting insight.

    ReplyDelete

Please write whatever you like, as long as it is not dirty and as long as I can read it!