Saturday, November 01, 2008

Guess what...

I went to the doctors office today and was told that I have CANCER. Boy if that isn't a shocker.
Then when I had calmed down a bit I was told that there are basically three types of cancer and what I have is not lethal but can be disfiguring if I don't get it taken care of. So now I am waiting for them to get back to me with a time for a biopsy I was told this looks like Basal cell skin cancer and I am including the Kaiser encyclopedia info below.


Basal cell skin cancer (carcinoma) most often appears on areas of the body that have been exposed to the sun, such as the head, face, neck, back, chest, or shoulders. Basal cell carcinoma grows slowly and does not usually spread to other parts of the body (metastasize).

Basal cell skin carcinoma is the most common skin cancer in light-skinned people. It is rare in people who have dark skin.

Signs and symptoms may include:

    * A small, fleshy bump with a smooth, pearly appearance, often with an indentation in the middle.
    * A scarlike lesion that is firm to the touch.
    * A bump that bleeds, crusts over, and then repeats the cycle.
    * A red, tender, flat spot that bleeds easily.
    * Tiny blood vessels in thin red lines with a spiderlike appearance (telangiectasias).

Treatment for a basal cell cancer involves surgery to remove the lesion and occasionally topical chemotherapy or radiation therapy. Most basal cell skin cancer can be cured, but some may return after treatment.

I thought I would explain what things I am afraid of and in the order of the fear:

1.    That I have done or that I might do something that will prevent me from being with my Father in Heaven once again.
2.    Making Diana so angry with me thatt she would leave me.
3.    Complete loss of eye sight
4.    Cancer
I could go on but the rest I find so unimportant that it becomes funnier and funnier after this point. For example  5. Would be that I fall out of the canoe and drown.

4 comments:

  1. nice way to tell your family!! not funny!! not funny at all!!

    Now that I am little calmer...please be well, safe, and fearless:)

    I'll call tomorrow...sheeeshhhh. LOVE YA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with Cathy - what's up with telling us that way.
    We love you dad. My girls and I are practically jumping out of our skin waiting for your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i DID NOT SAY THIS WAS FUNNY!!! I meant that being scared by reading your blog is no fun!! NO FUN!! not as in ha-ha funny like a joke! sorry for the miscommunication, which is what I was referring to in the first place...you guys ever think about picking up a phone once in awhile??

    love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keary, could you please fix your blog I have a hard time reading it! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Please write whatever you like, as long as it is not dirty and as long as I can read it!