Sunday, August 05, 2007

What is this life all about

When we come to this earth we are blessed in so many ways that we just think of these blessings as what we deserve. We have all heard the story of the man who at the end of his life and looked back upon his footsteps in life and asked the Lord “I see two sets of footsteps in my life except where I had struggles and it seems you left me at those times, WHY?” to which the Lord replied “at those times I carried you!”. Well I have decided to start telling you all of the great many blessings that I have had during my life or when the Savior carried me.

These blessing stories will only be as I remember them or as Diana reminds me of them so no chronological order will prevail. When I was born I was blessed with air to breathe. That’s one!

Actually I wanted to say that in 1991 I had a stroke where my hemadocrit went from 42 to 59 and the blood was as thick as Jello or as Diana tells it they had to use a syringe to extract blood from me as it was so thick. Little wonder I didn’t die on the spot.

The surgeon who first saw me said ”He has a major bleeder” and thought I should go directly to surgery. But Diana asked if I could have a blessing as there were many residents studying there at UNC for their doctorate who were in our Ward and she paged a close friend and after hearing wat the first doctor thought, paged another member resident who was on hand in the hospital and I was given a Priesthood blessing. After this blessing the first doctor decided he needed another X ray to exactly find the bleeder. After the X ray was taken it was quite awhile before the original doctor came back to tell Diana that he could find no sign of the bleeder to which our friend the resident Diana had first called said he knew it all the time as the Spirit was so strong.

I have no definite idea as to why my life has been spared so many times but I hope that I am able to be a good enough person to warrant such a tremendous blessing. And as to the answer to the title question I guess that I will only know for myself so each of us must figure this out for himself/herself. Sorry!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this story Dad! We read it to the kids tonight and they really liked hearing about their Grandpa! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to have back from the hospital. I remember this day clearly. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you Dad! Your life is nothing short of amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's interesting to look back and see all the different miracles in your life

    ReplyDelete

Please write whatever you like, as long as it is not dirty and as long as I can read it!