Sunday, July 01, 2007

Got my eye on you

I am writing by touch mostly today as last


On Monday I put my sunglasses in my eye instead of on my face and over the eyes. This causes me to cut a fairly large area of the cornea, well I 5hought I would give it a day and it would stop hurting but Wednesday morning I called and made a same day appointment to go and find out what happened. They made me see an eye doctor and she must have been new as she cut some more of the cornea, to smooth it out the area. Ten she put a clear contact on my eye as a band aid. Well, she put some kind of drop in my eye that made it feel well the entire time that she was working on it and for about an hour afterward. She let me go with just some antibiotic eye drops and made an appointment for Thursday. Funny part about this visit is that she put the numbing drops in my eye and said if you feel anything lrt me know so I told her a while later that I felt something on my lashes and she laughed and said that was ok but to let her know if I felt anything on the eye.

Thursday I went back to see a different doctor and she was also young., I guess they just wanted a lot of new doctors to practice on me. She just looked, took out the contact and put in a new one, then gave me some dilating drops to put in twice a dayand had me make an appointment for Friday. Funny thing here is that when I made the appointment they told me the only appointment they had open for this third doctor would be at 1:00 PM. That was fine so I called Kristy and asked her for a ride on Fridy she said that was fine andwhen I got home I had a message on the message machine saying the doctor would like to see me earlier at 10:00 or 11:30 Am or st 12:30 PM I thought this to be funny as the receptionist had told me that the only available appointment was at 1:00 PM. So I called Kristy back and changed the time to 10:00 AM which is the appointment I had chosen.

Friday when I went back the doctor was still young but he looked and acted as if he had been a doctor for a few years. He looked in my eye and said that the area had filled in and that it should get well in a few days, he took out the bandaid and told me he wasn’t going to replace it as I wouldn’t be able to come back in on the weekend. He told me to only take the dilating drops for the next two nights but too continue the antibiotic drops for about five daysand asked me to come back to see HIM in about a week so I made an appointment for Thursday July 5th at 3:30 PM.

And I am exhausted. Hope to see some of youse guys in the next couple days.


Love Dad

3 comments:

  1. I remember when I got a cut on my cornea when I was younger they made me wear a patch. You got off lucky with the doctors that you had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does not sound like fun. Maybe you should move out here and then you can finger paint with our girls - that sounds like more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ouch!! I scratched my eye but MISSED my cornea! Thank goodness. But they gave me Vicadin not drops. I'll take the high dose pain meds any day. When your eye hurts it really stinks!! ouch!

    ReplyDelete

Please write whatever you like, as long as it is not dirty and as long as I can read it!